To our valued patients and clients:
As cases of Covid-19 rise in the U.S., coming to your physical therapy appointment and/or exercising in the Wellness Program can become sources of anxiety. That makes sense with the amount of information and misinformation out there. We are aware that you are concerned about shared gym equipment, shared locker rooms, and shared space. This is especially important for our high-risk personal training clients and physical therapy patients. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention the people at elevated risk of serious illness are “older adults”’ as well as anyone with an underlying chronic illness such as heart disease, high blood pressure, lung disease, obesity, or diabetes. We have a few thoughts for you to consider when making a decision about coming into the clinic.
Your safety is always our first priority. As stated before, we have trained our staff and are applying additional hygiene and repetitive cleaning practices to ensure our clinic remains community safe.
- Masks are required at ALL times in the clinic and must be properly worn - for all patients, clients, staff, members, and visitors.
- PT patients, training clients, and Wellness members will no longer physically sign in, as front office staff with "sign you in electronically" during the check-in process
- All members, clients, patients, and staff will be screened via temperature and Covid-19 questionnaire prior to entry into the clinic.
We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we all work together to learn a new routine and adapt to an ever-changing public health climate.
For our Wellness members, it is extremely important to continue good self-care, including regular exercise. Keeping up with your normal workouts is very helpful in mitigating stress. Also, exercise keeps the body and immune system primed and ready to fight infection.
For our Physical Therapy patients, it is important to continue your progress toward your rehabilitation goals. Discontinuing your treatment at this time could result in increased pain, loss of progress, increased symptoms, and loss of function. Being your healthiest and safest self is a key component in disease prevention.
- Telehealth is available for those who prefer continuing their PT virtually until shelter-in-place has been lifted (in Phase 3 of State reopening Plan); and it may remain part of the treatment plan even when in-clinic visits resume.
We understand that social distancing can effectively slow the spread of the Covid-19 virus. With this knowledge and to better serve you during this time, we suggest the following options:
- Avoid peak gym hours
- Plan your visit at a time when you know it is less crowded.
- Avoid physical touch, like handshakes or high-fives.
- Wash your hands properly when you arrive and when you leave.
- Bring your own personal sanitizing wipes (or use the ones we provide that meet the EPA standards for the coronavirus) to clean equipment before and after use.
- We can open the back door and bring you straight to a private, newly sanitized room for your physical therapy appointment.
- For personal training clients, we can accommodate your workout within one of the treatment rooms.
- In many cases, balance exercises, strength, muscle control, and flexibility improvements can be addressed with screen sharing technology.
- Safely work with your clinician one-on-one in your home through tele-health.
- Some insurances may cover the cost; for others, it will be a cash based option.
Due to the rapidly changing nature of this pandemic, we will continue tracking updates from the CDC and will adjust our policies and procedures accordingly. As always, we are here to answer any questions you may have and can be reached at 301-948-4395 or via email email@example.com.