See Results With Telehealth!
WHAT IS TELEHEALTH?
Telehealth is the ability for physical therapists to consult with a patient via a secure video phone call. We use advanced Telehealth technology to connect with you in real-time to assess and treat your condition. Mobile capabilities will make your session private and convenient. We will schedule a time to meet with you virtually to determine the cause of your problem, discuss your condition, and talk about your symptoms. We can then help you develop a plan of action to treat your condition and resolve your symptoms, all without having to leave your house.
- Promotes social distancing due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Fast, easy, and convenient access to health care at home
- No-hassle scheduling that meets your needs
- Eliminates the need for transportation
- Helps prevent your symptoms from worsening due to the inability to access a physical therapy clinic in person
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN A TYPICAL TELEHEALTH SESSION?
- You will participate in a live video call with a physical therapist who will assess your condition
- Your physical therapist will develop a customized plan of care for you. He or she will then monitor you in real-time while you are performing your treatment
WHAT IF I NEED IN-PERSON CARE?
If manual therapy is an important part of your plan of care, we may be able to show you how to perform soft tissue work on yourself using your hands or everyday objects. If you have a family member who is available to help with your treatment, we may be able to teach them techniques to perform on you to aid in your rehabilitation.
HOW LONG IS THE SESSION?
Your initial evaluation may take anywhere from 30 minutes to one hour. All subsequent treatment sessions will vary based on your plan of care and typically range from 30-45 minutes.
IS TELEHEALTH COVERED BY INSURANCE?
Depending on your provider, part or all of your visit may be covered by insurance. Please contact our front office, who will check your benefits and help you determine if the visit will be covered.
DO I NEED A REFERRAL FROM MY PRIMARY PHYSICIAN TO SEE YOU?
No, a doctor’s referral is not necessary to see a physical therapist in Maryland.
WHAT DO I NEED BEFORE MY APPOINTMENT?
To optimize the time spent with your therapist, we recommend that you download and return the completed intake forms via fax or email before your appointment. You will receive these via email after you schedule your session. Prior to your Telehealth session, you will also receive instructions for accessing the video call and setting up a safe space to exercise in your home.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
WHAT CAN BE DONE IN A TELEHEALTH APPOINTMENT?
During your visit, your physical therapist may:
- Take a complete history to provide an accurate assessment
- Examine range of motion and movements
- Perform a functional movement examination
- Evaluate strength
- Prescribe exercises and stretches with supporting photos/videos
- Correct exercise form and provide cues to help you perform your exercises effectively
- Provide and refine self-joint mobilization techniques (hands-on therapy)
- Provide and refine self-directed soft tissue treatment techniques
- Provide a full rehab plan that you can follow in your environment
- Educate you about your injury or condition
- Help train another person to assist you with exercises or stretches
WHAT TYPE OF PHYSICAL THERAPY IS PROVIDED WITH A VIDEO CONSULTATION?
We provide virtual/video consultations to all of our patients, including people with musculoskeletal (orthopedic), neurological, and vestibular problems.
WHAT TYPE OF EQUIPMENT DO I NEED FOR A VIRTUAL VISIT?
WHAT PLATFORM DO YOU USE FOR A VIRTUAL SESSION??
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY VIRTUAL VISIT?
Set your device up so that you can do a face-to-face interview and you can move away to show your full body. Change into comfortable clothing so that you can move freely. It is recommended that you submit your paperwork ahead of time and log into the session 5 minutes before your scheduled time.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
To schedule a telehealth visit with one of our physical therapists, please call our office at 301-948-4395. If you have questions or are unsure if telehealth is right for you, please feel free to give us a call! We are more than happy to discuss our options with you so that you can access the care you need.